The Spaceship App (Spaceship App) is a mobile and web application for accessing your Spaceship customer account. It is made available by Spaceship Financial Services Pty Ltd (ACN 611 615 797) and its related entities including Spaceship Capital Limited (ABN 67 621 011 649, AFSL 501605) (Spaceship Capital) (these companies being referred to in these Terms and Conditions as Spaceship, our and we).
The Spaceship App allows you to:
- open and manage your account;
- check your account balance;
- manage your investments;
- view portfolio information; and
- view editorial and news content.
By accessing and completing the registration process for the Spaceship App you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them and by any other notice contained in the Spaceship App (as amended from time to time).
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you will be unable to use this Spaceship App or any material available on this Spaceship App.
You will only be able to use the Spaceship App if:
- you meet the eligibility requirements of the relevant product or service;
- you are accessing the Spaceship App on a compatible device; and
- you successfully completed the registration process for the Spaceship App (including, establishing a username and password and accepting these Terms and Conditions).
To access the Spaceship App after registration, you will need to log in using your username and password.
You agree that you will not disclose your username and password to any other person and that you will comply with the terms governing your Spaceship customer account.
2. Fees and charges
Spaceship does not charge fees for downloading the Spaceship App. However, using the Spaceship App on a mobile device may incur fees charged by your mobile service provider for downloading and using the Spaceship App. Any such fees are your sole responsibility and any matters regarding such fees should be raised with your mobile service provider.
3. Your obligations
You agree that:
- you will not act fraudulently or maliciously in relation to the Spaceship App or its software. For example, you will not copy, modify, adversely affect, reverse engineer, hack into or insert malicious code into the Spaceship App or its software;
- you will not override the software lockdown on your device (i.e. jailbreak your device);
- you will comply with the terms applying to your Spaceship customer account as provided to you by us from time to time;
- you will keep the Spaceship App up to date by downloading the latest version when notified of its availability;
- you will not leave your device unattended and left logged into the Spaceship App; and
- you will lock your device or take other steps necessary to stop unauthorised use of the Spaceship App.
4. We only provide general information
Spaceship Capital is the issuer of the Spaceship Origin Portfolio, Spaceship Universe Portfolio, and Spaceship Earth Portfolio (together Spaceship Voyager).
Spaceship Capital is the promoter of Spaceship Super. Spaceship Super is issued by Diversa Trustees Limited (ABN 49 006 421 638 RSEL L0000635) as trustee of the Tidswell Master Superannuation Plan (ABN 34 300 938 877).
Spaceship Capital allows you to trade United States (US) securities through Alpaca Securities LLC (Alpaca), a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the Securities Investment Protection Corporation (SIPC).
Information contained in the Spaceship App is general in nature as it has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the relevant product disclosure statement and other disclosure documents, available on spaceship.com.au, and obtain appropriate financial and taxation advice, before making a financial decision based on information contained in the Spaceship App.
5. Links to third party material, websites and software
The Spaceship App may include third party materials and links to external websites, which may include websites that have software available for download. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
We do not endorse or approve the owners or operators of any third party material or websites, any information, graphics or materials on these websites, or any goods or services (including software) offered on these websites.
To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept responsibility or liability for, nor do we give any warranty in respect of, any third party material or websites, their contents, or any goods and services they offer.
6. Market and third party data
The Spaceship App may include third party materials and market data including price information relating to Spaceship Voyager and US Investing.
While Spaceship aims to source information from reliable providers, Spaceship has not verified the accuracy of this information and takes no responsibility for its content, accuracy or completeness.
7. App disruptions, delays and failures
To the extent permitted by law, Spaceship is not liable for any damage, claim or loss in connection with or arising from:
- us not receiving your instructions or your inability to access the Spaceship App due to disruption, delay or failure; or
- any problems with any of our service providers, or any other third party, exchange, or market operator.
8. Your privacy
You agree that we may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your smartphone and other hardware devices, and your systems and other application software, to facilitate the provision of software and other updates to the site. We do not sell your information to anyone.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers located in Australia and the US, but only so those service providers can assist us with functions relating to managing your account.
While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in the Spaceship App does not contain any mistakes (and is accurate and complete), we do not warrant that the information is free from error or omission, or that the information is adequate, complete or suitable for your intended use. So, we recommend you seek independent advice before acting on any information in the Spaceship App.
We do not warrant that the quality of the products or services made available on the Spaceship App will meet your expectations.
10. Our liability is limited
To the extent permitted by law, neither we, nor any of our employees, agents or officers, accept or are liable for any direct, indirect or incidental loss, loss of profits, liability or claim arising from, or any costs, charges or expenses incurred as a result of:
- any reliance upon the information contained in the Spaceship App;
- your use of the Spaceship App;
- any theft or unauthorised access to the Spaceship App;
- any omissions, defects, errors, or viruses contained in the Spaceship App; or
- any revision, suspension or discontinuance of the Spaceship App or websites which are linked to the Spaceship App,
whether in contract, tort (including negligence), by statute or otherwise.
Our liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at our option to:
- the resupply of the services (or part of them); or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
11. We own copyright and trademarks
The material in the Spaceship App is copyright protected. Except to the extent prescribed by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), or where you obtain our prior written consent, you are prohibited from reproducing, creating links to, framing, uploading to a third party or storing or transmitting any part of the Spaceship App.
You must not commercialise (in any form or by any means) any information, products or services contained on our websites without our prior written consent.
The Spaceship App also contains registered trademarks owned by us. You are prohibited from using these trademarks in any way without our prior written consent.
12. These terms may change from time to time
These are our current Terms and Conditions. They replace any others which have appeared previously on our website.
We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, in which case an amended version will be published on our website. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions demonstrates that you agree that in publishing the amended version, we have provided sufficient notice of the changes. You also agree that your subsequent access, viewing or use of the Spaceship App demonstrates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
13. We're able to suspend or terminate your access and use of the Spaceship App
Your permission to access, view or use the Spaceship App may be suspended or terminated at any time by us without notice. All disclaimers and limitations of liability included in these Terms and Conditions will survive termination.
14. These terms are governed by Australian laws
The information in the Spaceship App is compliant with the laws of the State of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia. The Spaceship App may not comply with the laws of any other country.
Any disputes must be determined by the courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales, Australia in accordance with laws in force in New South Wales. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to this jurisdiction.
15. Other matters
No delay or failure to act in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be construed as a waiver of or in any way prejudice, any of our rights.
Upon being registered to use the Spaceship App on your compatible device, we grant you a non-transferable licence to use the Spaceship App on that device in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and either the Apple Usage Rules in the Apple Store Terms of Service or the Google Terms of Service (as applicable).
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.