1. Purpose of this policy
The purpose of the Complaints Policy (this Policy) is to set out how Spaceship will deal with customer complaints.
Spaceship values customer feedback and views customer complaints as a mechanism to provide us with valuable feedback and an opportunity for us to learn and improve the operations of our business, in addition to complying with the relevant regulatory and legislative requirements in providing customers with all the information they need to raise a complaint with us.
This Policy, as well as Spaceship’s complaints handling and dispute resolution processes, are intended to comply with the requirements of Corporations Act sub-s 912A(2) [Contents of dispute resolution system]; ASIC Regulatory Guide 271: Internal Dispute Resolution; and AS ISO 10002-201406.
2. How to lodge a complaint with us
We want you to have a good experience when investing with us. If you are dissatisfied or have a complaint about your investment, please contact us using one of the below methods:
Chat: Contact us via the chat function, which can be found in the lower right corner of our website, or via the “Contact” tab in the Spaceship app.
Phone: 1300 049 532
When lodging a complaint with us, please provide us with your:
- Full name;
- Contact details;
- Details of your complaint; and
- The outcome you are seeking.
This is a free service.
3. Complaint procedures and timeframes
We pride ourselves on our customer service and will endeavour to solve your concerns fairly and quickly. Once we receive your complaint, we will:
- Acknowledge and record your complaint within 24 hours (or one Business Day);
- Try to resolve your complaint immediately, where possible;
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we’ll investigate your complaint and provide an appropriate resolution; and
- We’ll provide you with a response to your complaint regarding Spaceship Voyager, within 30 days, and if we are unable to resolve your complaint within these timeframes, we will inform you: or
- The Trustee of Spaceship Super will provide you a response to your complaint regarding Spaceship Super within 45 days, and if we are unable to resolve your complaint within these time frames, we will inform you. Please refer to the Trustee Complaints Policy for more information.
If you do not receive a response from us within these timeframes, or are unsatisfied with our response to your complaint, please let us know using the above contact details, and we will try our best to address your concerns.
If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
AFCA is an impartial and independent not-for-profit that assists consumers and small businesses to reach agreements with financial firms to resolve their complaints. This service is free to consumers.
The contact details for AFCA are:
Telephone: 1800 931 678
Fax: (03) 9613 639
Post: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC, 3001