Why do we collect your info and how do we use it?
Spaceship Financial Services Pty Ltd ACN 611 615 797 and Spaceship Capital Limited ACN 621 011 649 (each, we, us and our and together, the Spaceship Group) collects your personal information:
- when you ask us to provide you with information about our products and services;
- to arrange, provide, manage and improve financial products and services for you;
- to identify you;
- to investigate and protect against fraud and unlawful activity;
- to comply with laws which apply to us including anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing and tax laws, assist regulatory authorities and protect our lawful interests; and
- subject to our legal obligations and your request to opt-out, to provide you with promotional information about financial products and services (we may also share your personal information with our related bodies corporate and joint promotion partners for this purpose).
How do we collect your info?
We only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means. We’ll generally collect your personal information directly from you (for example, when you apply for or request information in relation to a product or service online or over the phone). We’ll also collect your personal information during the course of our relationship with you, which may include recording your interactions with us. Occasionally we may collect personal information about you from other sources including other members of the Spaceship Group, public sources, information brokers and third parties.
What if you don’t provide your info to us?
You don’t have to give us your personal information. However, if you don’t, we may not be able to provide our products or services, or more information about them.
Who do we share your info with?
Sharing info within Spaceship: We may share your information with other members of the Spaceship Group. This helps us offer you a high quality customer experience.
Sharing your info with others: We may also share your personal information with:
- businesses that help us to provide our products and services to you – for example, trustees, administrators, custodians, auditors and providers of banking, insurance, marketing, advertising, valuation, technology and data processing services;
- government and law enforcement agencies or regulators, including courts and tribunals;
- your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney;
- your agents, such as financial or legal advisers, or person with power of attorney;
- a credit reporting body and other person to verify your identity; or
- organisations involved in our funding arrangements – like investors, advisers, researchers and rating agencies.
Disclosure to a credit reporting agency to verify your identity: We may disclose your name, residential address and date of birth to a credit reporting agency and ask the credit reporting agency to provide an assessment of whether the personal information so provided matches (in whole or in part) personal information contained in a credit information file in the possession or control of the credit reporting agency to assist in verifying your identity for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering andCounter-Terrorism Act 2006 (Cth). The credit reporting agency may prepare and provide us with such an assessment and may use your personal information including the names, residential addresses and dates of birth contained in credit information files of you and other individuals for the purposes of preparing such an assessment. If you disagree with having your identity verified by a credit reporting agency, please let us know so that we can discuss other options with you.
Sharing your information as required or permitted by law: From time to time we may also share your information:
- as required or permitted by any law. For example, in response to a subpoena or to the tax office following a direction issued under taxation laws; and
- in accordance with your consent (which may be express or inferred from the circumstances).
We take steps to ensure your info remains confidential: We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that these entities and organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal information.
Overseas recipients: We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients who provide technology services to us and who are located in the United States. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient of your personal information complies with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Collecting your tax file number
We are required to collect, store, use and disclose your tax file number (TFN) under certain superannuation laws and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) through Rules and Guidelines issued by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you apply for Spaceship Super, we collect your TFN on behalf of the trustee of Spaceship Super (who is Tidswell Financial Services Ltd (ABN 55 010 810 607, AFSL 237628) as trustee for the Tidswell Master Superannuation Plan (Tidswell)) as authorised by theSuperannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth).
If you apply for Spaceship managed fund products and you choose to provide your TFN, we collect your TFN in our capacity as the responsible entity of those managed funds.
spaceship.com.au and spaceshipinvest.com.au and it contains information about how you may access and seek correction of your personal information, complain about a breach of the APPs by us and how we will deal with such a complaint. If you have any concerns about your privacy, please feel free to contact us by telephone on 1300 049 532 or send us a letter to Suite 4.02, 77 King Street, Sydney NSW 2000.